‘Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of us all?’ Using mirror tiles for your backsplash, you can expect just one unanimous answer, ‘your kitchen’. This backsplash in the kitchen can single-handedly turn around the look and feel of the place.
Mirror images everywhere
The use of mirrors in homes is not a recent phenomenon. Mirror tiles can add a great focal point to any room. Using a large mirror can actually accentuate a small room and make it look larger. Even smaller mirrors can be used to enhance a darker area.
In kitchens too, mirror tiles can be used to great effect. A mirrored backsplash is of a great value in a small kitchen. It can actually create an illusion of space and depth. With a few deft strokes you can in fact brighten up a small, dingy kitchen. Small, mirror tiles can be used for the kitchen backsplash and enliven the entire place. Apart from the sparkle, it is also easy to clean. If you have a large window in the kitchen, then a large mirror can be used to reflect may be the greenery from outside. But the décor of the kitchen space must be in sync. This backsplash will look stunning if the kitchen counter tops are of a bright color like blue. You’ll be making a blunder if you install mirrors in a kitchen that has a darker color palette. In case you are hesitant to cover entire backsplash with mirror tiles, you can also place them strategically to make a striking statement.
The process of installation
Installation is rather easy. Just follow these steps to watch your kitchen sparkle:
* First cut the glass in to identical pieces depending on the size of the area to be covered. Make sure you wear safety glasses and gloves.
* Sand the edges so that the sharp edges do not hurt you.
* In case you want to add a dash of color, then apply glass paint with the help of a spatula. Allow it to dry.
* Apply adhesive to the mirror tiles and not on the wall. Ensure the tiles are placed straight on the wall. Make use of the leveler and spacers for this purpose.
* Allow the tiles to dry and then remove the spacers.
* Apply the grout and allow the same to dry. Wipe out the excess grout once it is completely dry. Wash and polish the mirror tiles and enjoy the stunning new look to the kitchen backsplash.
The mirror tile backsplash is a true reflection of your individual taste and personality. So don’t be afraid to experiment with mirrors in the décor of the kitchen.
Here’s a nice DIY video that you might want to check out. And be sure to let us know what you think about this by writing in the comments area below
You might also want to check out these related pages: